Thursday 26 January 2012

Ass Tender Deep Fried Chicken

The deep friend chicken that we make around here, ain't like you're all you used to.

You know with fried chicken there's always something wrong with it, especially the one you get at those shop on the streets, it's either too crunchy and then you get drips of grease coming out after every bite you take, or sometimes the outside is damp and doesn't taste properly, leaving a weird texture in your mouth.
This tender pieces of chicken will be just nice on the outside at they are on the inside.

First of all before we actually start making the food, we shall get some appetite going, as I love beer, this usually involved me sitting on my ass having a few drinks trying to gather enough motivation to cook.


Batter: mix some flour, salt, egg, chili powder and some beer to make the batter.



I like my pieces of chicken to be relatively small, as they fry better and don't stick to each other, smaller pieces always cook better as well, so the batter is nice and golden and the meat inside is well cooked.

I find it that when the chicken is cut too big, sometimes the batter gets too dark and burnt, while the inside is still pink, and chicken ain't like pussy, it shouldn't be pink on the inside.

This is the chicken just after the battering process:

One of my personal techniques to make great deep fried food, is to cover each piece with great care and then slam them in the freezer for a while, so that the batter sticks to it and doesn't fall off while frying.




I don't use a deep fryer to cook, I have a very deep pan, which I fill with cooking oil, that's the chicken cooking in it the other night, I then use a spatula-like tool to get the food out!



That's the fried chicken after it's been stirred out, ready to be porked down by me



That's my lovely dinner, spicy chicken wings roasted in the oven and deep fried battered chicken, served with a cold beer and some extra sauce, just in case I don't feel it's spicy enough.