Tuesday 7 March 2017

Nintendo Hype Means I have New Cheap Ways of Improving my Wall

So today I was doing some errands in town, hyper exciting things like checking my tyres and refueling my car. In the afternoon I hopped over to the mall and while on my out I just had to stop at Game Stop.

First of all since I still hadn't seen a Nintendo Switch in person and given it's been days since it's been out days, I felt guilty and left out, so I went in but the queue of teenagers was too much, so I only managed a far away glance at the new console.

However in the Discount bin, I discovered this gem.


Yes Nintendo puzzle-like carton squares, which I originally thought I would use as beer mats.

However once I got them home and unpacked them, noting there were 20 of them, including characters, obstacles, bricks and other of the well known features of the game, I decided to make my own "mosaico" on my wall.

I tried to give it a logic, trying to get it to have an in-game look. Unfortunately I did not have enough pieces to make a bigger scene.

Anyway here's a few details.

That's the whole scene captured from the left, pictured above. 


Here it's from the front, it has to be said, that the photo's don't give it justice it looks much better in real life. 

Anyway a few more shots:


Mushroom-man is one of my favourites, he sorts of has a Eric Cartman look on his face, I love it. 


Mario really going for that mushroom right there, I understand him, I guess Luigi will be drinking his piss like during the Viking times, oh those reality-shifting metabolites, eh 


Mario looking like the boss up there, oh yeah, kicking in yet mate?

That's the top of the scene, Mario ain't gonna give up that massive shroom without a fight.


That's the whole scene with a different colour contrast. So basically thanks to the hype around the Nintendo Switch, if you go bin dipping around game shops you might find some heavily discounted old Nintentdo paraphenalia you might take a liking to. The whole set only set me back 4.99 euros, which isn't much. 

Shroom-man is obviously worried about what will happen when Mario and Luigi run out of the other mushrooms, don't worry fella, just tell them they can suck all the goodies out of you without having to actually eat you. 

PS: I love tacos.