Friday 17 February 2017

Neglected Blog - Sorry

I have to admit that I've just started another blog on international affairs and geopolitics, however I noticed how little interest it is generating, both in terms of actual visitors to the page and in the lack of reshares.

This blog, even though I haven't updated it in years still gets regular views that put to shame my latest blogging effort, who could have told, it seems people are more interested in recipes involving ungodly amounts of bacon and homemade hot sauces rather than be bothered reading about Trump's policy towards the Middle East and its potential consequences for peace and stability in the region.

I'm not going to abandon my serious blog, I will persevere and hope that with time a following is built, however I have decided to re-activate this blog, so soon there will be more food experimentation been shared, new recipes and hopefully a few interesting product reviews, I noticed that my instant ramen reviews get many hits on a daily basis even years after they were originally posted.

The last time I was actively taking care of this blog I was living in Melbourne, Aus, and had the fortune of living close by to a number of Asian food stores, especially Korean,  where I could find a variety of different instant ramen to taste and review. Unfortunately here in Italy, it is much harder to access certain foreign products so I will probably have to order my ramen online if I want to review them as those available at the supermarket are the usual big brand products, which are hardly exciting to review.

I will also write down some of the new recipes I've been trying out, made a great lasagna with boar meat instead of beef a while ago, I finally learned how to make the steak and kidney pies I so miss about Britain, the result was excellent, I was never good with pastry and baking but got lucky on the first trial.

Next I will try to make homemade pork pies, which are one of those products that I used to take for granted while living in the UK, never imagined I would miss them so much once back home. They used to be my staple snack while watching footie on a saturday afternoon.

I might also start reviewing another favourite thing of mine which is green tea, especially Japanese matcha, of which I have now a vast supply.

So yeah, stay tuned for more posts and content in the near future, I might also start the random posts about technology, gaming culture and other things people might enjoy reading.

2017 will then witness the resurgence of the Monello Way Blog, onwards and upwards.

By the way that's the link to my other blog, if anyone is interested: https://adifferentoutlookblog.wordpress.com